One of the many great qualities of social media and people in the public eye posting on social media is that every now and then, you get the chance to see into their “normal” lives, whether it is a Tweet, an Instagram picture, or a Facebook post. More interestingly, these posts are always turned into something they are not, whether that is positive or negative, because simply put, that is just what the internet does. This blog will take a deeper look into the personal accounts of President Obama, and those who are currently in the run for the next presidential election. While many of these accounts are generally ran by a staff, every so often the President and the presidential candidates will post something that comes entirely from their own fingers. It is nice, and sometimes shocking, to see what these people that are in the public eye will post for the public to see.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Can A Female Handle The Presidency?

Recently, on Live! with Kelly and Michael, Hillary Clinton was asked what would be some of the advantages of having a woman president? In a short clip she shared on Twitter, she responded with two different points.
Women are great at multitasking. Women can work, keep the house clean, make dinner, take care of the children, keep bills on track, etc. So this can be a great quality to have in the White House.
Also, women in general have different experiences then men. Specifically, she mentions how being a women, a mother, and being a grandmother can bring something different to table. It could help bring people together.
 
 
 
Not aimed at Clinton, but if any woman was president, what do you guys think would be the outcome? Would the things that Clinton lists actually be beneficial? Are there other advantages of having a female president? Any disadvantages? Or would having a female president just be a disaster all together? 

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    I absolutely believe a woman can and will make a great President. I have several points I would like to respond to your question with:
    There are approximately 50 countries with either a Prime Minister or President that was female. For the US to have zero is atrocious.
    Unfortunately the segment you quoted is from a show that is targeted toward a female audience and therefore Hillary's examples work well with that group, but will be scoffed at by many males.
    For males (and while I am male, I do not subscribe to the following)- "My candidate hunts, fixes cars, stands up to bullies" that makes him OK, don't tell us about someone that can take care of children and can pay bills."
    A better assessment of Ms. Clinton, in my opinion, what candidate on the slate of the Republican party has met with more foreign leaders and has more experience with healthcare (I don't care what the Republicans say about Obamacare - not one of them has the prairie oysters to tell the blue collar workers, most white collar workers and much of your generation - they have no plan on how to provide an affordable way to receive quality medical care) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Edmondson -"I did not see this interview originally, but after watching I think it is great that she was able to comment on this question in her campaign. I know that it is obvious that she is a woman, thus the need to talk about her potentially being the first female president is non-existent. But it is awesome that she was able to speak on how her position as female would benefit the office and country. As for the audience, I know that answer was geared to gain support from other women, so to a male that answer could strike a different chord, regardless, very interesting!"

    ReplyDelete