One of the many great qualities of social media and people in the public eye posting on social media is that every now and then, you get the chance to see into their “normal” lives, whether it is a Tweet, an Instagram picture, or a Facebook post. More interestingly, these posts are always turned into something they are not, whether that is positive or negative, because simply put, that is just what the internet does. This blog will take a deeper look into the personal accounts of President Obama, and those who are currently in the run for the next presidential election. While many of these accounts are generally ran by a staff, every so often the President and the presidential candidates will post something that comes entirely from their own fingers. It is nice, and sometimes shocking, to see what these people that are in the public eye will post for the public to see.

Monday, November 2, 2015

"Texting My Girl Hillary."

Did you text Hillary during the last GOP debate? Many people signed up to receive live texts from her during the debate. This was new to me, and I have never heard of any other candidate doing something like this. Her first sent text message said "Seems to me: 10 candidates. 0 new ideas. -H








Those who had signed up to "text Hillary" received these live texts, plus had the chance to text back and have their comments viewed as well. Despite what you may think of Hillary, do you think this was a good strategy? Technology, social media, internet, and cellphones have become such an important thing in our lives today and that is why I think this was a cool idea. Lately, in course material we have been discussing the importance of social media in campaigns. I think that receiving live texts definitely takes it to another level.
Hillary also live tweeted during the debate, and one tweet sparked some anger among people. She tweeted a GIF of herself at the Benghazi hearings that shows her sitting there looking bored, as she brushes off her shoulder.
Marco Rubio said on Good Morning America, “I found it outrageous that she used video from the Benghazi hearing — a hearing about the loss of four American lives — to put up something trivial about her brushing something off her shoulder, that was a serious hearing about a serious issue.”
What do you think? Did she take it too far by using that GIF?

2 comments:

  1. I think this was a great move that Hillary took advantage of. I've never heard of a candidate doing something like this and I can only imagine the amount of press she received from it. This reminds me of how Obama had an impeccable team to lead him to social media victory back in 2012. Hillary is definitely taking advantage of her resources!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hilary's text was an awesome innovate idea. I do not know how effective it is as far as getting more voters but is a nice a concept. I do not think it would necessarily sway voters one way or another but she is moving in the right direction in utilizing social media to its fullest capacity.

    ReplyDelete